Fulltime CSS Ninja
Budget: $10,000 +
Assembla is looking for a detail-oriented, expert front end engineer that can build and improve user interfaces for Assembla.com and other applications. If you are creative and highly-motivated, and have a track record of delivering easy-to-navigate, easy-to-understand, simple, and beautiful interfaces, we want to talk to you. You will deliver complete workflows with user interfaces that take our clients to the next level in user experience. We will start with drawings and mockups, make clear and readable HTML/CSS mockups, and then work directly in the application templates. The successful candidate will not be just a gifted frontend and UI designer but also can install our Rails development environment and work effectively with our programmers in an incremental development process.
- Understands principles of readability and user interface and front-end design
- Can design design user interfaces with use cases and mockups. Must be able to run a mockup process
- Strong HTML and CSS capabilities, with cross-browser testing
- Experience working in development environments and editing program templates is required. Programming experience is a benefit, but not required. Ruby on Rails experience is a big plus.
- Must be able to install and run our Ruby on Rails development environment, on Macintosh, or Linux, or a Linux virtual machine hosted on Windows.
- You must be able to work in a distributed environment with source code management – subversion or git