Contract Web Developer
Budget: $10,000 +
We are in need of an in-house contract web developer with the WSU School of Medicine in the Web & Digital Communications group. We're a small team in need of part-time assistance rolling departmental websites into production and doing regular website updates for clients. We need a web guy (or girl) who has experience doing front end development. Please submit cover letter, resume and link to online portfolio. Candidates without an online portfolio will not be considered.
• Translate functional requirements into Web applications
• Centralize and maintain existing code bases
• Serve as primary resource for units university-wide regarding the code and appearance of unit Web pages. Administer and provide training in content management tools, control access, review sites for adherence and conformity to code and design standards and resolve related problems.
• Serve as liaison with IT personnel campus-wide to identify and resolve Web page related problems.
• Work with clients, designers and vendors to ensure established standards and expectations are met.
• Develop and implement mechanisms and processes designed to evaluate the effectiveness of university electronic communications.
• HTML + CSS: Mastery of responsive cross browser CSS and HTML.
• PHP + MySQL: Experience building data-driven web applications using PHP and MySQL. Solid understanding of relational databases required.
• Good knowledge of web standards and trends
• Ability to learn and adapt
• Graduation from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Major concentration in computer science preferred.
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with units university wide.
• PHP Simpl Framework
• Load balanced dev/prod environments
• 200+ websites using centralized tools