Copywriter Production Assistant
Budget: $2,500 to $5,000
Tuts+ Premium is hiring a Copywriter Production Assistant. The Production Assistant will be responsible for maintaining a number of content assets on the site, including the team blog. Another major task is to prepare video courses and schedule them in WordPress for publication on the site. Experience with web site management and WordPress is preferred. This role will also include professional copywriting and editing tasks, including editing articles and maintaining the Tuts+ Premium blog, so excellent writing skills are a must.
The Production Assistant role requires a 20 hour a week time commitment and daily responsibilities, but you’ll be flexible to schedule your own hours. This role is a remote, contract position which is paid monthly. You’ll get to know the ins and outs of running a large educational network and work closely with the Tuts+ Premium team on exciting projects for the coming year!
- Experience writing and editing for the web. Professional copywriting and editing experience highly preferred.
- Familiarity with WordPress, basic HTML/CSS and web site management.
- Familiarity with S3 and file transfer.
- Demonstrable experience blogging preferred.
- Familiarity with screencasting, video, and video streaming preferred.
- High attention to detail, professional reliability, and excellent communication skills required.
- Awesome attitude and passion for learning a must!
- Manage and maintain various content assets on the site, including the Tuts+ Premium team blog and promotional material.
- Prepare and schedule courses for publication in coordination with the rest of the Tuts+ Premium content team. You’ll be responsible for making sure the finished courses go out error-free and on time!
- Be part of the team! Participate in weekly team Skype meetings and occasional one-on-ones. Actively contribute ideas and feedback on Tuts+ Premium.
- Edit and maintain the Tuts+ Premium blog, contribute articles as needed.
- Participate daily in Tuts+ Premium community, manage weekly newsletter and contribute to social media.
- Write copy for promotions, marketing, and more tasks as needed.
Generally, we want someone reliable with savvy writing skills, a passion for the web …and energetic about our content!
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Apply and tell us how you’re the perfect fit for the Tuts+ Premium team. A great application will be sure to mention:
- Your experience with WordPress and running websites. Show us your stuff.
- Previous writing examples, whether it’s blog posts, copywriting, or published articles. The more you’ve done, the better!
- Your member name if you’re already active with the community.
- Your available hours and local time zone.
- Your top suggestion or idea for Tuts+ Premium, so we know you’re familiar with the site!
Make sure to get your application in by January 10th, 2013. While every email will be considered we may not be able to respond to every application, but if you sound like a good fit you’ll hear from us soon.