This job is no longer available.
But don't worry - we have lots of new freelance jobs
Budget: $10,000 +
We are an established Digital Solutions company with a start-up mentality looking for a junior to intermediate freelance web designer to join our creative and development team for regular, ongoing projects. You will be exposed to a wide variety of projects (websites, Facebook, application, advertising, etc.) for a number of clients in multiple industries (finance, government, liquor, pharmaceutical, etc.). The ideal candidate will have very strong design skills and a deep understanding of the advantages and limitations of digital media to create designs that are aesthetically stunning, legible, and usable. This person should feel comfortable taking direction, collaborating with other designers, developers and account managers. A strong work ethic and ability to turnaround tight deadlines is a must.
Guaranteed minimum hours per week available based on credentials.
- Design digital content from concept to completion including websites, microsites, Facebook pages, banner ads, email marketing, etc. for all screen-based media such as web, tablet, mobile.
- Create visual content to accompany and support news content and other social media.
- Creating wireframes and mockups to support new projects.
- Modify existing creative.
- 1-3 years of experience in web design.
- Diploma or degree in graphic/web design
- High working level of knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Demonstrated experience in Web and/or mobile UX work.
- Strong visual design skills, focus on details and quality, understanding of usability practices and experience with current front-end technologies.
- Experience with the entire design process, from wireframes through final implementation
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, virtual environment.
- Able to take responsibility for your work, schedule and deadlines.
- Understanding the importance of typography, grid systems, color theory, and user experience.