Telecommute Ruby on Rails Developer, learn iOS
Budget: $10,000 +
We're looking for someone to join our team f creative designers, developers and QA on a full time basis, working remotely or in the office.
We expect you'll be helping us for between 3 months and 3 years :)
You'll be developing some exciting server side projects for apps that we're working on. We're a technology company at heart and value engineering principles and best practices.
If the first 3 months go well, we'd also support you learning iOS to help out with the mobile parts of projects.
We need someone with the following skills:
- Great knowledge of Ruby on Rails 3.x
- Strong SQL skills including DML and DDL
- Experience with Heroku, Capistrano and Rails deployment
- Experience with Github, git including branching and team scenarios
- Experience on high volume / high scale systems
- Experience with a document databases such as MongoDB or CouchDB
- Strong HTML and CSS skills, including semantic markup
- Ability to read and write English well. We have specifications that you must be able to read, and we use Campfire daily for communications.
- Ability to speak english conversationally. We chat on Skype regularly.
- A sense of humor
- The willingness to work late if needed to get projects complete.
Please send an email the following
- A CV as PDF or HTML (not MS Word please)
- Explanations of your most challenging projects
- Your github.com URL, so we can see some of your code
Look forward to hearing from you!