Junior Front End Developer
Budget: $10,000 +
Catalyst is looking for an enthusiastic junior front-end web developer to join our small and friendly team in Bromley, London as we take on bigger and more ambitious projects.
Your main role will be to focus on our code quality & efficiency, translating our designs into beautiful code. We have an excellent culture where we work hard and push boundaries in the web department.
We should mention that you may also need to assist with blog posts, SEO work and newsletter marketing, but nothing spammy :-). However, we are also looking for an intern to take on some of this work.
- Excellent knowledge of CSS and HTML. This is your bread and butter (strong JS skills are a big bonus).
- At least two years experience coding by hand (doesn't have to be at a company)
- Online portfolio with strong, fresh visual design. The design doesn't have to be yours as we are simply looking for an ability to translate design well
- A general love of Web Standards and doing things right. You avoid cutting corners
- Strong work ethics and organisational skills. We won't ask you to work outside of hours but a good candidate will love what they do and often take it upon themselves to use some evenings and weekends to improve their skills. Sometimes this may involve debating over beer!
- You're committed to pushing the capabilities of browsers and using CSS3 to its full extent, keeping as much in-browser as possible
- Some working knowledge of WordPress, as we are mostly a WordPress house
- You are quietly confident and have good interpersonal skills
You've read important industry-changing books like Hardboiled Web DesignYou're familiar with...
- Git (we use this internally)
Fascination with mobile design and thinking outside of the 'desktop' (we are pretty much developing all our sites Responsively)
You've attended a web design conference or meet-up
You have an understanding of fundamental SEO principles
Catalyst is an up and coming web design agency which is very busy and we're looking to grow the department and company.We take pride in the work we do, and the work our clients do. We have a strong foothold in the Hair and Beauty industries but we're interested in expanding, so don't let that put you off.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please only apply if you are able to work in Bromley, London.
Send your cvs and references or further questions to the contact address - please also send examples of your work.