Budget: $10,000 +
The Application Developer will join the Technology department and will be responsible for the development and delivery of technical aspects or projects within a given business unit.
- Assist with implementation of project architecture, standards and processes, under the direction of Senior Technical Lead and Project Manager
- Research, identify and document client’s technical requirements
- Determine and identify appropriate technologies to be used
- Develop and document the system architecture
- Assist Database Administrator in creating data flows and database schemas
- Assist with implementation of project design, standards and processes, under the direction of Senior Technical Lead and Software Project Manager
- Develop and document the high-level technical design
- Identify project tasks and define task definitions
- Assist in developing technical project schedules, plans, task assignments and time estimates
- Attend regular project technical team meetings
- Provide senior project staff with full communication of project progress
- Assist with development of project code
- Take an active role in development of low-level design
- Work with senior staff and Software Project Manager to develop time estimates for project tasks
- Develop code in keeping with established processes and standards
- Debug and unit test modules before deployment to QA environment
- Assist deployment staff by providing necessary documentation
- Create and maintain project documentation, in accordance with established standard
- BSc. In Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- 3+ years working experience designing and building applications with C#.
- Exposure/experience with Java/Grails is a plus.
- Experience with sitecore or other CMS systems a plus.
- Experience with focus open or other Digital Asset Management (DAM) a plus.
- 3+ years experience working with IIS developing .NET based web applications.
- Experience with a vision control system.
- 3+ years working with SQL based database (SQL Server a plus).
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to establish priorities, raise issues and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.