Full Time - Junior Digital Designer
Budget: $10,000 +
Please make sure to provide portfolio or samples with your application!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Pixels. They are your One Ring, your Force, and your Tiger-Style. For you, they stand upon the blade of a sword; they tell you what others are thinking on command. Ok, we know they actually just seem to move the way you want them to, but we’re trying to glamorize here! Do you have a knockout portfolio better than One-Eyed Willy’s treasure? We could use your Uncanny (get it!) skills to help us get our online ads up and running.- At Centro, you will: Have the chance to play with the best brands in the world, more than once if you do a good job.
- Job Perks: We’re one stop from the train in a great downtown ‘hood, River North. And, we like cake.
- Bummers: Adjusting 15 files in 5 pixel width increments between 850px and 1000px. Every day.
- It would be awesome if: You enjoy leaving work on a warm evening, walking one to two blocks, imbibing “al fresco” and soaking it all in – we certainly do.
- First day of school: Bring your 64 box of crayolas, a glue stick, #2 pencil with rubber triangle holder and mouse clicking finger.
- Adjust existing ad units to resize, optimize, alter copy, images, timing, recode, rethink or recycle as necessary.
- Use existing ads and assets to create the additional sizes needed to complete a campaign.
- Create additional supporting ads like buttons, sponsorships, logos, and integrations.
- Complete a jumbled Rubik’s Cube in 20 moves or less. Well, not exactly, but you do have to think on your feet!
- Work closely with the Sr. Designer to prioritize workload and gain feedback and approval on projects.
- Learn! You want to be a Junior Designer forever?
- Intimate knowledge of Flash’s inner workings is a must, but we’re not looking for any ultra-zen master ActionScript coders. We just want someone who knows the tool and it’s plethora of idiosyncrasies and can use it well.
- Must know and love Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of supporting tools like Fireworks, Dreamweaver and others is obviously a plus, but not required.
- Experience working on online creative, preferably online display ads, is mandatory. To do this gig well you need a working knowledge of the challenges and tricks for getting creative online in the best way possible.
- We like a little hustle and a lot of accuracy, so we’re looking for someone who can keep a great pace and make little to no mistakes while doing it.
- Centro is a culture of people who look out for and help each other, regardless of task. Ideally the best candidate will be willing to help and contribute in any way they can for that purpose. They will also like cake.
- In traditional terms this is a Bachelor’s degree plus three years experience kind of position, but we’re open to whoever you are if you have the juice we need.
- People looking for that huge corporate culture that affords the ability to blend in and disappear.
- Anyone who doesn’t like cake. Ok, it’s negotiable. Somewhat.
- Bachelor degree, preferred