Ruby on Rails Developer
Budget: $10,000 +
We are a national company with a 30 year history and a leader in continuing education. We are seeking a full time Ruby on Rails programmer for a "startup" within our company which addresses a rapidly growing market segment. This is a telecommute position - you will work flexible hours and from a location of your choice, but you need to be available during most business hours (EST preferable) via phone and IM. You will be the lead programmer on this application, working with a small support team of designers and experienced programmers on other projects. We move fast and having small teams allows us to do so. This can be an ongoing contract or FT employed position, as jointly determined.
You are a resident of the US, Canada, New Zealand or Australia (time zones in these areas are compatible with our needs). We are looking for a full time, in house person and not an agency or development company (Indian outsourcing companies: please don't apply).
Your position reports to the CTO of the company. You will be responsible for your project and we won't get in your way. We work with Agile methods and will use either the Asana or Pivotal trackers for this project.
This position is available immediately but can also start as jointly determined within 30 days.
- Integrity - we will count on you to speak accurately and be in communication when needed.
- 2+ years Rails programming experience. 5+ years programming experience.
- Demonstrate at least two applications you have worked on, or preferably led development on. At least one must be Rails 3+.
- You have completed and shipped product(s).
- Linux skills; familiarity with Git, SVN, Capistrano etc; the usual Rails stacks.
- Experience working with a team and project trackers (mention which ones).
- 3 strong, responsive references
- Cover letter with a few words about yourself and why this is a great fit for you.
- Your resume, of course.
Thank you for your interest; we look forward to hearing from you.