Posted on 23 February 2012
WORDPRESS PHP DEVELOPER FOR MULTI-CULTURAL MEDIA GIANT
This job is no longer available.
But don't worry - we have lots of new freelance jobs
Budget: $10,000 +
Our client a Major Multicultural Digital Media Company
seeks the following:
Compensation 100k-120k, plus 10% bonus
Full time permanent
The successful candidate for the position of WordPress / PHP Developer will demonstrate a readiness to design, implement, and deliver a scalable and high performance technology stack on both Amazon AWS and WordPress VIP hosts, including valuable new front-end publishing tools that support Interactive One's business goals and needs It is important to understand that this is a web engineering position, not a web design position. A successful candidate will be passionate about mastering how themes and plug-ins work under the hood, writing clean, organized code, and proactively extending the platform (scalably) to meet new business opportunities. In clinical terms, this position is about shipping product. Interactive One needs a technical leader who can envisage, design, develop and deploy new products and enhancements that consistently exceed performance benchmarks, as products are rolled out and iterated upon, frequently.
• Ship product. – ship it well and efficiently to effective business results.
• Maintain a healthy hacker mentality celebrating success and know that everything can be improved and that time waits for nobody. Take initiative – seize sudden opportunities.
• Develop and maintain the publishing software powering this company’s properties on Wordpress VIP
• Create high-performance, reusable, and well-tested software adhering to market standards and department standards and libraries.
• Measure and optimize the performance of solutions for site load time and speed of deployment
• Lead and Participate in departmental code-reviews and discussions
• Maintain a current understanding of relevant technologies as they arise and leverage them in providing innovative solutions
• Develop solutions for all leading display resolutions via a responsive design approach that accounts for mobile handset and tablet user interfaces